Tuesday, April 1, 2008

GBS Weekend....etc

The past few days have gone by so quickly it's hardly even felt like a break. Sunday morning the GBS wind and string ensemble was here at my home church for service and Sunday evening we had Lucas Shrout in concert. Last night GBS was back in the area for a service and some of the guys stayed here at my house. It was awesome being back with my colleagues, we had an awesome time. Today was pretty much uneventful until tonight.....yeah, it happened again for the second time in six months, an accident involving a basketball goal. Thankfully the injuries for not near as serious as the first time this happened back in November. Ok, here's how it happened. I was outside playing basketball at my house, and my step-dad walked by and curiously asked me if i could dunk the basketball, and i replied ya and proceeded to show him how it was done! Ten seconds later i was laying, quite painfully on the ground; the backboard and hoop lay on the ground beside me. Apparently the basketball was not sturdy enough to sustain a powerful dunker such as me, and it busted off the pole when i went up to dunk.....i fell backwards onto the asphalt and the backboard and hoop came crashing down on top of me....and yeah you got the picture. My Mom was freaking out and my sister proceeded to run over to the neighbors and tell them all about it. What was the big deal???.....a faulty basketball goal gave me a bloody elbow and arm and scratched my face a little. No big deal! Nothing unusual from my daily routine at GBS. Obviously my family was used to such graphic excitement. This is normal occurrence for me at GBS.....ok not quite but there's got to be some reason my nickname at school is "accident prone" lol! Anyways thankfully I'm fine and my Mom didn't suffer a heart attack over it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

when Sara told me about that tonight on the phone -- my words were "he has really bad luck with basketball!!" LOL But I was laughing too --the way she discribed it, it would have sorta been funny to see!! =)

Enjoy your week, eat all that good home cookin', hang w/ your family & sleep!! You'll be glad you did the next 6 weeks!!! =) Oh, you can send some of that cheese cake my way!! =)

Anonymous said...

Wow... I don't know what to say. That's amazing. I can't belive you did that. I think you should stay away form dunking for a long time...lol