Sunday, July 27, 2008

Youth Camp, etc.....

Since i last blogged so much stuff as gone on, but nothing really extremely exciting or dramatic, which could be a good thing. I guess getting attacked by bees, and having encounters with snakes at work is about it. I did have one other thing that was kinda scary happen to me. I was on Main Street in downtown Cincinnati where i was just about getting ready to get out of my truck when i felt like i shouldn't, so i looked around and seen a black guy approaching my truck. He came to the passenger side window and indicated for me to roll down the windows, so i rolled it down just about an inch....just enough for me to talk to him. He asked what i was doing down in the hood, and i refused to answer him. After him repeatedly asking me what i was doing down there, i told him i was working at a church. He then proceeded to ask me to take him somewhere in town, and i told him no for fear of him stealing my truck. Finally he asked me if i had any money on me and i said no, so he eventually left. I think i was sweating when he finally left! =( Thankfully nothing came of the ordeal! This last week has been one of the busiest weeks I've had this summer. I took 6 six kids from the inner city church i attend to Heartland Youth Camp. It was a blast, and God really helped some of the teens, as well as me. I was disappointed that i didnt get to play a lot of sports, because I was a sponser, but i had fun connecting with old friends, and meeting new friends as well! The night is getting late, and i must work tomorrow............

No comments: